'Rapist' photo released by Essex Police
POLICE in Essex have taken the unusual step of naming a man they want to question in connection with the rape of a teenage boy.Henry Solari is believed to travel around the UK using a variety of aliases, posing as a missionary in order to get into church community circles.
By Juliette Maxam
POLICE in Essex have taken the unusual step of naming a man they want to question in connection with the rape of a teenage boy.
Henry Solari is believed to travel around the UK using a variety of aliases, posing as a missionary in order to get into church community circles.
Detectives have now released his picture and say they want to talk to him about a sex attack in Chelmsford last year.
You may also want to watch:
The rape took place at bed and breakfast accommodation in Chelmsford on the night of August 29/30.
The 16-year-old victim was working on a building site in the town, but does not live in Essex. He required hospital treatment after the attack.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 6 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 7 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 8 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 9 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 10 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
Police believe Henry Solari is using a fake story in order to make his way into people's lives, saying he has just returned from South Africa where he worked as a missionary, but was forced to return to the UK early due to ill health, said an Essex Police spokesman.
Investigating officer Detective Constable Steve Casey said: “We are aware this man has visited various areas of the country in the past six months including Berkshire, Northamptonshire and Ayrshire.
“We have circulated Mr Solari's details on the police national computer and are urgently seeking to talk to him.
“We believe he's circulating in church community circles and persuades parishioners to help with his accommodation needs and financial assistance.”
Det-con Casey said: “We are ensuring the victim and his family are kept informed of our investigation.”
Solari is described as having an Eastern European appearance, about 6ft 2ins tall, heavily built, aged 40 to 50, with hazel-coloured eyes and a pot belly. He spoke with a foreign accent.
All UK ports have been notified that Solari is wanted by Essex Police in connection with allegations of rape.
Anyone with information should contact Chelmsford Police on 01245 491212.