‘Cruising’ rapist among those jailed in Suffolk this week
- Credit: Archant
A man who raped a woman after offering to give her a lift home and an Ipswich gang member of a million-pound laundering scam have been jailed for more than 10 years.
Ipswich scammer jailed after using dead woman's bank account for money laundering
Dainius Ziupka, 26, of Foxhall Road Ipswich, has been put behind bars for his part in a criminal gang's million-pound money laundering scam.
Ziupka, and other members of the organised crime gang used malware to get into victims' bank accounts, called banks pretending to be innocent customers and then laundered the stolen funds through 'mule' bank accounts before taking it out as cash.
After fleeing to his native country of Lithuania after his arrest, Ziupka was successfully extradited in November 2018 - and has now been jailed for three years and nine months.
You can read more about the case here.
You may also want to watch:
Rapist jailed after 'cruising streets for vulnerable women'
Ajay Rana has been hailed for seven years after raping a woman in a car after offering to give her a lift home in Lowestoft.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 3 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 5 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 6 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 7 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 8 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 9 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 10 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
The attack happened in December 2017, after Rana pulled up alongside the victim and offered her a lift, saying it was cold and that he had just given a lift to two other people.
She accepted his offer as he appeared genuine, but Rana stopped the car and raped her.
To read more about the sentencing see here.