Rapture Gaming Festival is returning to Colchester’s Charter Hall this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Colchester’s first ever computer gaming festival is returning to the town this weekend – pitching fans against each other in a series of competitions.
Rapture, created by Gary Kirby, is being hosted at Charter Hall this weekend and features retro gaming on consoles such as GameCube.
First launched in May this year, the event was so successful that Mr Kirby and his team decided to run another, repeating some of the areas on offer last time.
Modern virtual reality systems will be available to play at the two-day festival, alongside table top gaming such as WarHammer.
Famous YouTubers are attending the event to chat to guests and provide them with tips and tricks.
You may also want to watch:
Over 18s are being given an adults-only gaming experience with Afterlife, a party taking place on Saturday evening.
Tickets are available to pre-order at the event website.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 8 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 9 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 10 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police