School CLOSED after senior member of staff tests positive for coronavirus
- Credit: Archant
A senior member of staff at Ravens Academy in Clacton has tested positive for coronavirus, leading to a full closure of both the primary and pre-school.
363 pupils and staff members at the school in Nayland Drive will be staying at home for the next 14 days following the positive test result.
The decision to close the school was made following discussions with Public Health England and the government, as the senior member of staff had come into contact with a number of people at the school.
It comes a few days after pupils and staff from a Year 3 and 4 bubble were sent home to self-isolate as a precautionary measure, after a member of staff received a positive test result.
Valerie Rose, the principal of Ravens Academy, said: “Nothing is more important than the health and safety of our students and staff.
You may also want to watch:
“As a result, we have taken the decision, after discussions with Public Health England and the government, to close the school for two weeks after a senior member of staff who had been in contact with a number of people tested positive for Covid-19. The school is due to reopen on Monday, October 12.
“All pupils are now accessing remote learning from home, to limit disruption to their education.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 3 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 5 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 6 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 7 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 8 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 9 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections
- 10 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
“Clearly these are unparalleled times and we are enormously grateful for all the support and understanding we have received from parents.”