Teenager allegedly ‘plunged’ knife into victim’s groin at Ravenswood McDonald’s, court hears
- Credit: ARCHANT
A 16-year-old suffered life-threatening injuries after being stabbed in the car park of a McDonald’s restaurant in Ipswich during a violent fight in front of shocked members of the public, it has been alleged.
The victim was with a 17-year-old friend at the Ravenswood branch of McDonald’s when 18-year-old Rishawn Mohammed allegedly pulled out a large, red-handled kitchen knife with a 12cm blade and “plunged” it into his groin, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
The injured teenager slumped to the ground in between two cars and his friend had allegedly pulled out a knife and chased after Mohammed but had not been able to catch up with him, said Andrew Jackson, prosecuting.
He said although there was clearly a disagreement between the three youths, none of them had told police what it was about.
Mohammed, 18, of Hurricane Place, Ipswich, has denied wounding the 16-year-old youth with intent to cause him grievous bodily harm, having a knife and violent disorder.
The alleged victim of the stabbing, who is now 17, and his 17-year-old friend have denied violent disorder.
The alleged offences took place on June 13.
- 1 Major west Suffolk reopens after lorry and car crash
- 2 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 3 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 4 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 5 'It was unanimous... this season's not dead' - Ashton on why Town sacked Cook
- 6 Member of staff assaulted in armed robbery at west Suffolk Post Office
- 7 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 8 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
- 9 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 10 The best fossil hunting spots across East Anglia
Mr Jackson said that after their arrest, the 16-year-old and his 17-year-old friend declined to answer questions.
Mohammed had given police a pre-prepared statement in which he admitted taking stabbing the 16-year-old but claimed he had been acting in self-defence.
The trial, which is expected to last several weeks, continues.