Ray Winstone understood to be recording new film in Suffolk
- Credit: PA
A new film starring Emmy award-winner Ray Winstone is being filmed in Suffolk, it is understood.
Filming for the new production — believed to be called A Bit of Light — has taken place in Framlingham, Leiston and Ipswich in recent weeks.
Film crews were spotted outside the Crown Hotel in Framlingham earlier this month.
And Facebook users reported seeing the actor — well-known for fronting adverts as the face of gambling firm bet365 — in Leiston.
Oscar winning actress Anna Paquin will play Winstone's daughter in the upcoming production A Bit of Light.
According to the IMDb website, the film follows Paquin's character Ella, who is newly sober and living with her father (Winstone), having temporarily given up custody of her young daughters to her ex-husband and his new partner.
You may also want to watch:
There is currently no release date for the film, which is being directed by Stephen Moyer.
It is not the only production to have filmed in the county recently.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 7 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 10 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies