Man found hiding in wardrobe as police seize Class A drugs from property
- Credit: Archant
Two people have been arrested in connection with drug offences in Newmarket, where a 19-year-old man was found hiding in a wardrobe.
On Friday, July 10, officers from the Scorpion Drugs Team who were out on pro-active patrol, had cause to stop and search a woman in her 30s in Rayes Lane.
Following the search the female was arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of Class A drugs. The woman was then brought to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
Officers carrying out a welfare check in connection with the arrest also located a 19-year-old man from London at a nearby property, hiding inside a wardrobe.
He was searched by police and a large amount of cash and what is believed to be heroin, crack cocaine, and cannabis were recovered.
You may also want to watch:
He was arrested on suspicion of money laundering, possession with intent to supply Class A drugs, possession of Class B drugs and taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre to be questioned.
Both people have now been released under investigation whilst enquiries continue.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 3 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 4 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 6 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 7 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 8 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 9 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 10 'We were shamed'... Pompey boss Cowley offers no excuses