Recalling fond memories of Princess Diana visiting Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
This month marks the 20th anniversary of the death of Princess Diana, and we want to hear your memories of the royal.
The Princess of Wales visited Suffolk and north Essex on a number of occasions and was always greeted by crowds of people wanting to meet her.
In 1986, she headed to the Suffolk Show and enjoyed the many activities and displays on offer while taking the time to speak with guests and the farming community.
In 1990, Princess Diana officially opened Crown Pools and visited the town’s Christchurch Park before heading on to Colchester, where she greeted members of the public who had lined the streets to meet her.
Her final official visit to the county was in 1993, when she formally opened St Nicholas Hospice in Bury St Edmunds and William Wood House in Sudbury.
You may also want to watch:
We would love to hear your memories of Princess Diana for a commemorative piece to mark the anniversary of her death on August 31.
To share your pictures and memories with us, email our visual editor Ellis Barker.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 4 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 5 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 8 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 9 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 10 Exit Interview: Ward was the model pro who started fast but simply ran out of steam