Chance to get a sneak peak of proposed expansion project at Gainsborough’s House
- Credit: Archant
Preparations are under way in Sudbury for a fundraising reception at Gainsborough’s House which will give attendees a guided tour of its multi-million pound development plans.
The event, on September 20, is being organised by Sudbury Chamber of Commerce along with a host of sponsors.
All money raised will go towards the expansion programme which will see Gainsborough’s House transformed into a national centre for the artist.
The new galleries and landscape studio that will be created as part of the development project will help to promote Sudbury as a tourism destination and will provide a significant boost to the town. Heritage Lottery Funding has been secured but more funds will be needed to bring the project to fruition.
Lavenham Brook Vineyard & Orchard will be supplying drinks for the reception, alongside canapés provided by Waitrose of Sudbury. Sharp Labels of Ballingdon have supported the event through printing the invitations, with Mackman marketing agency designing the invitations and promoting the event.
You may also want to watch:
Terry Waite CBE will be the guest of honour, with Mark Bills, the Director of Gainsborough’s House, giving a guided tour and a walkthrough of the development plans.
Mr Bills said: “Local enthusiasm for the project has been amazing and support such as this from the Chamber of Commerce will ensure that the project succeeds.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 7 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 8 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 9 Restraining order for venue boss who intimidated council leader's daughter
- 10 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
“We are hugely grateful to our local business community. Every penny helps to make this transformational project possible.”
Tickets for the reception are £25, which includes a year’s membership to Gainsborough’s House. Email email@example.com for details.