Recipe of the Week: Chilli Con Carne Tortilla Bake
- Credit: Archant
Make a large saucepan of chilli, but make sure it’s not too dry with plenty of tomato sauce.
You will need to reserve some tomato/chilli juice at the end.
Take a packet of tortilla wraps (Aldi’s) and spoon some of the chilli onto one of the tortillas.
Carefully roll up and put into a large deep roasting pan. Repeat this process lining the wraps against each other and until roasting dish completely filled.
With the leftover tomato/chilli sauce, pour this over the wraps making sure you cover completely.
Then cover the whole dish with strong grated cheddar cheese. Bake in the oven until bubbling and golden.
Serve hot or cold, nice with salad and garlic bread.
- 1 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 2 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 3 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 4 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 5 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 6 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 7 'Two suspicious individuals' spotted on primary school roof
- 8 New state-of-the-art army attack helicopters undergo testing in Suffolk
- 9 Long delays on A12 after overturned tractor trailer
- 10 Fire crews called to dog locked inside car in north Suffolk