Recipe of the Week: Slow Cooker Beef with Red Wine and Onions
- Credit: Archant
Toss about 1 lb stewing steak in some plain flour and fry in a little oil in a deep frying pan.
(Save the bowl that you had the beef/flour in.)
Add the beef to the slowcooker.
In the same frying pan, add some chopped onion, crushed garlic, chopped peppers, carrots, and fry these for a bit, then add some chopped bacon.
Add these to the slowcooker.
You may also want to watch:
Mix some red wine with the flour left in the bowl and make a paste, add some beef stock to this paste gradually, then pour into frying pan and add the rest of the stock and cook for a little while, stirring all the time.
Add a bayleaf and some chopped celery, paprika and seasoning.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 6 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 7 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 8 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 9 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 10 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
Add all this to the slowcooker and stir in a can of chopped tomatoes.
Give it a good stir and cook on low for 7- 8 hours.
Serve with rice.