Recipe of the Week: Slow Cooker Beef with Red Wine and Onions
- Credit: Archant
Toss about 1 lb stewing steak in some plain flour and fry in a little oil in a deep frying pan.
(Save the bowl that you had the beef/flour in.)
Add the beef to the slowcooker.
In the same frying pan, add some chopped onion, crushed garlic, chopped peppers, carrots, and fry these for a bit, then add some chopped bacon.
Add these to the slowcooker.
Mix some red wine with the flour left in the bowl and make a paste, add some beef stock to this paste gradually, then pour into frying pan and add the rest of the stock and cook for a little while, stirring all the time.
Add a bayleaf and some chopped celery, paprika and seasoning.
- 1 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 2 Matchday Recap: How Town's 1-0 win at Burton unfolded
- 3 When and where will the thunderstorms hit Suffolk?
- 4 Suffolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 5 Man and woman arrested on suspicion of manslaughter after death of child
- 6 Army carries out controlled explosion of dummy tank shell in west Suffolk
- 7 McKenna delighted to see Town win game of 'aggressive chaos'
- 8 Man dies following two-vehicle crash in west Suffolk town
- 9 Strike threat could leave East Suffolk bins overflowing
- 10 Burton Albion 0-1 Ipswich Town: Harness wins it as Blues stand firm
Add all this to the slowcooker and stir in a can of chopped tomatoes.
Give it a good stir and cook on low for 7- 8 hours.
Serve with rice.