Recipe of the Week: Turkey stir fry
THIS week’s recipe choice is a quick, colourful and healthy option that tastes delicious and will help you use up the last of your Christmas turkey.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Approximate cost for recipe: �5.00
Approximate cost per serving: �1.25p
- 1 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 2 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 3 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 4 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 5 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 6 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 7 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-1 win against Crewe
- 8 5 roadworks for Suffolk motorists to plan their journeys around this week
- 9 North Stander: We are where we deserve to be... and the play-offs look a long way off
- 10 From Celina to Mariner - the best goals ever scored at Portman Road
• 125g medium egg noodles
• Juice of 1 small orange
• 1 tablespoon soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon cornflour
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 350g turkey stir-fry strips
• 1 bunch spring onions, thinly sliced
• 1 red or yellow pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
• 1 large carrot, cut into thin strips
• 2 celery sticks, thinly sliced
• 100g mushrooms, sliced
• Ground black pepper
1. Put the noodles into a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Soak for 6 minutes, or follow the pack instructions.
2. Next, mix together the orange juice, soy sauce and cornflour until smooth. Set to one side.
3. Heat the oil in a wok or very large frying pan. Add the turkey and stir-fry briskly for 3-4 minutes. Add the spring onions, pepper, carrot, celery and mushrooms. Stir-fry over a high heat for another 3-4 minutes, until the turkey is cooked. The vegetables should remain crisp and crunchy.
4. Give the orange juice mixture a good stir, then add it to the stir-fry and cook for a few moments until thickened. Drain the noodles thoroughly, then add them to the turkey mixture. Serve immediately.
Tip 1: If you prefer, leave out the noodles and cook 150g long grain rice to serve with the stir-fry.