Record-breaking turnout for Framlingham 10k 2017
Almost 400 runners took part in the record-breaking Framlingham 10k race today. See if you can spot yourself or a loved one in our photo gallery.
Andrew Rook, of Framlingham Flyers, which organised the event, retained his title by finishing in first place in the men’s category, with a time of 33 minutes and nine seconds.
Robert Chenery, of Ipswich Jaffa, took second (35:03) and Alex Tripp, of Ipswich Harriers, claimed third (35:09).
Leanne Finch, an unattached running club member, was the first woman past the post, recording a time of 41 minutes and 34 seconds.
Runner-up was Geraldine Clarke, of Framlingham Flyers (44:10) and Val Jennings, of Ipswich JAFFA, finished third (44:14).
The undulating two-and-a-half lap course started in New Road and took in Bridge Street, Market Hill, Church and Castle Street, Badingham Road, Brabling Green, and finished on the sports field in Badingham Road.
There were two water stations per lap and water was provided at the finish.
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 East Suffolk Council to form new company to deliver services after Norse contract ends
- 3 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 4 'I absolutely hate it' - Pigott on 'massively frustrating' start to life at Town
- 5 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 6 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 7 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 8 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 9 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 10 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo
There was also a 2k fun run, which started in New Road and finished at the sports club by the town’s scout hut in Badingham Road.
Race director Elspeth Gilmour said: “It was another fantastic event with lovely weather. We stepped it up to 400 from 300 this year and we had over 380 runners, which broke a record and was a great turnout.
“It is a nice, friendly race and everybody stays behind for a chat. I would like to thank everybody who helped.”