Record number of people flock to popular village fair
- Credit: Archant
Organisers of the Lavenham Christmas Fair have hailed the event as “the best yet” as record numbers of people descended on the village for the festivities.
The three-day fair, which was held Friday, Saturday and Sunday, attracted around 7,000 people with crafts, seasonal stalls and entertainment for all the family to enjoy.
Lesley Thompson, from the organising committee, said: “It was absolutely wonderful, definitely the best yet.
“We had some spells of rain over the weekend, but it didn’t stop everyone having a great time and the car parks were full about an hour after opening.
“There were so many foreign visitors, we had one 90-year-old gentleman from Norway who flew in especially for the fair.
You may also want to watch:
“Lavenham is such a beautiful place for it, with all the lighting in the trees – it really looks fantastic.”
Mrs Thompson added that the committee is always looking for extra volunteers.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 3 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 4 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 5 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 6 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 7 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 8 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 9 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 10 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
“A lot of hard work goes into it from quite a small committee,” she said.
“We’re always on the look out for more people and it would be great if some of the younger people in Lavenham got involved.”