Red Arrows set to return to Clacton Airshow
- Credit: Su Anderson
Spectators at this year’s Clacton Airshow will once again be able to watch the world famous Red Arrows.
The RAF aerobatic team has confirmed its place in the line-up for both days of the show on August 27 and 28.
A Union flag-inspired design which was added to the tail fin of the Hawk jets to showcase British excellence for the group’s 50th anniversary last year, will be kept into the future.
Squadron Leader David Montenegro, who will lead the team as Red 1 for the first time this year, said: “The new tailfin perfectly illustrates the spirit of the Red Arrows – representing the UK, our engineering excellence and the continuing capability of the Royal Air Force to protect our skies.”
Nigel Brown, communications manager at Tendring District Council which organises the airshow, said flight fans will be delighted that the Red Arrows will be appearing both days at Clacton.
He said: “It doesn’t matter how many times you see the display it is a truly fantastic spectacle which never disappoints.
“The Red Arrows are a vital element of any major airshow and they can be sure of a warm welcome from the crowds at Clacton.
- 1 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 2 Eight centre-backs Ipswich Town could turn to this month
- 3 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 4 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 5 Frustration as temporary traffic lights left in place for nearly a year
- 6 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 7 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 8 Woman jailed for harassing behaviour in Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month
- 10 Suffolk coastline to feature on BBC Winterwatch
“We will be announcing more aircraft performing at our event over the coming weeks and we can promise some big names in the line-up.”
As well as the two-day airshow, the festivities will continue into the weekend with Clacton’s first Food and Drink Festival on August 29 and 30.
For information about sponsorship opportunities, hospitality, or trade space at Clacton Airshow call 01255 686683 or 01255 686654.