Red Arrows to fly on both days of 2016 Clacton Air Show
Organisers of the Clacton Air Show have confirmed the Red Arrows will fly on both days of this year’s event.
It is the 25th anniversary of the show this year and all the stops are being pulled out to make it a spectacular show.
The RAF Aerobatic Team the Red Arrows, will take to the skies above Clacton sea front on both August 25 and 26 at this year’s event.
Mick Skeels, Tendring district councillor for tourism and events, said it is always great to be able to announce the participation of the Red Arrows at Clacton.
“It doesn’t matter how many times you see the display it never disappoints and leaves you wanting more,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“They are a vital element of any major air show and they are hugely popular with our crowds which seem to get bigger every year.
“With so many other air shows around the country folding because of increased costs and new regulations following the Shoreham disaster last year it is likely we will see even more people at our event this summer.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 3 Woman's body found in village home
- 4 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 10 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
“We will be announcing more aircraft over the coming months with big names and some surprises in the final line-up.”
Part of the plans is for a night flight, and the event is billed to run until 9pm on the first day.
Last year’s show, which included a flight by the Vulcan before it retired from the skies, attracted more than 220,000 visitors to the town over the two days, and the event brings an estimated £4million boost to the local economy.
For information about sponsorship opportunities, hospitality, or trade space at Clacton Air show 2016 call 01255 686683 or 01255 686654, or to find out more visit the air show web site.