Red Cross caring for occupants after flat fire in Acer Grove, Ipswich
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Fire crews dealt with a blaze in a third floor flat in Ipswich today.
The fire broke out at the property in Acer Grove just after 5.30am.
Firefighters from Ipswich East, Princes Street, Hadleigh, and Holbrook fire station, along with the command unit and a support crew from Woodbridge, attended.
The aerial ladder platform from Ipswich East was also called in for firefighters to inspect the roof and ensure no hot spots remained.
Assistance at the incident for the occupants was being provided by the Red Cross Fire Emergency Support Unit.
You may also want to watch:
Yesterday afternoon two crews from haverhill were called to trees and a number of sheds on fire in Colbeck Road.
Crews wearing breathing apparatus fought the fire using two hose reels.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 4 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 5 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 6 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 7 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 8 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 9 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results