Red hat, here’s the problem. . .
A few weeks ago, I wrote that despite my advancing years you wouldn’t catch me wearing purple and red.
I should have known better because almost immediately Contessa Francesca, from the Norfolk Broads Chapter of the Red Hat Society, was in touch.
“How very dare you suggest that the wearing of purple and red is not for you? And what’s wrong with purple big nix, purple thermals and purple tights?”
Crumbs, I thought, and, following Her Grace’s suggestion, went on to the website to find these are a “feisty, funky group of women, approaching 50 and beyond” who get together for fun and friendship.
Even though I am feeling just a little bit scared I am going along to the Broads’ March meeting in Norwich and very much look forward to an audience with Queen Jude and her court.
You may also want to watch:
But should I wear knickers at all with a red hat? That is the question. (Please don’t send answers on a postcard).
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 9 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo