Red Lodge: Woman trapped in car after crash
FIREFIGHTERS were called in to free a woman trapped in her car after it ended up on its roof.
The crash was reported at about 1pm today in Chalk Hill, Red Lodge.
The woman was “severely trapped” in her vehicle, which ended up lying on its roof in the road. No other vehicles were involved in the crash.
Suffolk fire and rescue service sent crews from Mildenhall, Newmarket and Bury St Edmunds.
They used hydraulic cutting gear to free her from the car before passing her over to paramedics who have taken the woman to hospital. That happened at about 1.40pm today.
You may also want to watch:
By 2.40pm, a firm had arrived to recover the vehicle and police had reopened one lane of the carriageway.
- 2 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 3 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 4 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 7 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 8 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 9 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
- 10 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift