Teenager charged with attempted armed robbery
- Credit: Archant
A 16-year-old from Colchester has been charged in connection with an attempted robbery where shop staff were threatened with a knife.
Essex Police were called to the scene of a robbery in The Willows at around 1.50pm on Sunday, November 11.
It was reported that a person went into the Willows Newsagents and threatened a member of staff with a knife.
Thankfully nothing was taken from the store and the would-be robber left empty handed.
A 16-year-old boy has since been arrested.
You may also want to watch:
He was later charged with attempted robbery and possession of a knife in a public place.
The teenager will appear at Chelmsford Magistrates Court today, Monday, November 12.
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 5 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 6 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 7 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 8 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 9 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 10 Warning of seasonal canine disorder after dachshund Trudie taken ill