Rendham painter and decorator jailed over indecent images of children
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk painter and decorator with an addiction to viewing child porn has been jailed for 16 months after more than 300 indecent images of children were found on his computer hard drive.
Public protection officers who went to Giles Croucher’s flat in Saxmundham on November 27 last year found a portable drive hidden under clothing in a bedroom drawer, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
When it was examined, on a scale of A-C with level A being the most serious, it was found to contain 136 category A moving images, 124 category B moving images and 60 moving images and 59 still images in category C.
Croucher, 43, of Rendham, Saxmundham, admitted three offences of making indecent images of children and in addition to being jailed he was made the subject of a sexual harm prevention order for ten years and ordered to sign the sex offenders’ register for the same period.
Michael Crimp, prosecuting, said Croucher had previous convictions for similar offences in 2002, 2005 and 2008.
You may also want to watch:
The court heard that Croucher said he was addicted to viewing the images and was ashamed of what he had done.
- 1 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 2 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 3 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 4 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 5 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 6 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first
- 7 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 8 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 9 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 10 Bar linked to ‘serious crime’ can re-open weeks after licence suspended