Rendlesham Care Centre is “good in all areas” say Care Quality Commission
Rendlesham Care Centre was found to provide a safe, effective, caring, responsive and well-led service according to the CQC report.
Inspections were carried out at the care home, in Suffolk Drive, in November and February and a report into the findings was published this month.
The report read: “People were supported by sufficient numbers of staff who were trained and supported to meet the needs of the people who used the service.
“Staff respected people’s privacy and dignity and interacted with people in a caring, respectful and professional manner.
“People’s wellbeing and social inclusion was assessed, planned and delivered to ensure their social needs were being met.
You may also want to watch:
“Staff understood their roles and responsibilities in providing safe and good quality care to the people. The service had a quality assurance system, records showed that identified shortfalls were addressed promptly.”
Home manager Liz Slight said: “We are very happy at the praise we received and our staff worked together really well to achieve this rating.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 5 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 6 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 7 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 8 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 9 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 10 Matchday Live: Lightning start for Town as Cook's men storm into three-goal lead
“Our home is a focal point for the village, we have lots of local staff working here providing care for residents and we are all extremely proud of our achievement.”
Rendlesham Nursing Home provides nursing and specialist dementia care in rural Suffolk for up to 60 people at a time.
To read the full report, visit http://www.cqc.org.uk/location/1-912221449