Rendlesham: Star of BBC’s Hustle Rob Jarvis visits community centre
- Credit: Archant
TV barman Rob Jarvis was busy pulling pints behind the bar of a Suffolk social club yesterday, as he dropped in to collect a charity donation for Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Jarvis, known for his role as Eddie on the BBC’s Hustle, visited Rendlesham Community Centre to pick up a cheque for almost £1,200, raised by members of the local club.
The actor collected the cash on behalf of the children’s hospital charity, following the success of a recent fundraising evening of family entertainment and live music.
Club committee volunteer Chris Burness said: “Great Ormond Street Hospital is a fantastic charity and we wanted to do our bit to help raise money.
“We invited Rob along to pick up the money because he lives locally and has a friend who was looked after at the hospital as a child.
You may also want to watch:
“About 130 people came along to the charity evening, and special thanks goes to Roger Messenger whose help we couldn’t have done without.”
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 5 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 6 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 7 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 8 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 9 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 10 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future