Rendlesham: Two hospitalised after carbon monoxide poisoning

Fire-engine

- Credit: Archant

TWO people have been taken to hospital after a suspected carbon monoxide leak at their house.

Fire crews were called to a property in Mayhew Road, Rendlesham at 8.30am after a carbon monoxide alarm was activated.

Two casualties were overcome by the fumes and taken out into the fresh air before being treated by paramedics and taken to hospital.

A specialist gas monitor was used to check the levels of carbon monoxide in the house and isolate the leak.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter