'I'm bewildered' - some potholes filled but others left
- Credit: Wendy Turner
Some of the large potholes in Thurston have been filled, but others were not - leaving people to question why.
Thurston district councillor Wendy Turner (Green Party), who has been pushing to get the potholes repaired, said: "I’m really pleased highways have filled in some of the huge potholes in New Road in Thurston but I’m bewildered as to why they didn’t fill them all in.
"The road is perhaps still as dangerous as the remaining potholes are still in a poor state and people might think when they see the new tarmac all the holes have been filled in.
"I’m still waiting for a response from Suffolk Highways as to why the whole road was not repaired."
We contacted Suffolk Highways, but are awaiting a response.
You may also want to watch:
It is understood the graffiti was still there after some of the potholes were repaired.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 4 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 5 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 6 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
- 7 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 8 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Ipswich to face army of familiar faces as Town draw U's in EFL Trophy
- 10 New beginnings, old faces and a return home - what to look for on 'fixtures day'