Requires improvement Ofsted rating is step in the right direction for former inadequate Halesworth pre-school
Holton St Mary Pre-School in Halesworth has been found to require improvement by Ofsted - but has made progress since being dealt an inadequate rating in February.
The pre-school, which runs out of Holton & Blyford Village Hall in Lodge Road, was visited by Ofsted inspectors in July.
It received the requires improvement rating in all three monitoring categories - how well the early years provision meets the needs of the range of children who attend, the contribution of the early years provision to the well-being of children and the effectiveness of the leadership and management.
As a result, it was found not meet legal requirements for early years settings.
The pre-school was praised for developing warm relationships with children attending, and for its staff having an appropriate understanding of procedures to follow if they have a concern about a child.
You may also want to watch:
However, it was not found to be good because staff do not assess children’s progress, to provide an accurate picture of how well they are doing, the process for observing staff practice has not been fully established to ensure that improvement to the quality of teaching is sustained and ongoing and there are not robust self-evaluation process to identify development priorities or to set challenging targets that will improve the quality of provision.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 4 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 5 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 8 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 10 Exit Interview: Ward was the model pro who started fast but simply ran out of steam