Suffolk rescue cat stars in video with Gok Wan
- Credit: Frontline Pet Care
Rescue cat Carlos from Woodbridge is now a video star, after being chosen from thousands to feature alongside TV presenter Gok Wan.
The lovable pet, whose owner once feared he might not survive, is one of three cats and three dogs who won through to the finals of the ‘Real Pets’ contest, sponsored by Frontline Pet Care. The aim was to spotlight pets who embody what it means to be “perfectly imperfect”.
TV fashion stylist Gok was on hand to primp and preen the pampered pooches and moggies at their winners’ photoshoot.
“Carlos is a winner for me because when we got him we weren’t sure if he was going to survive,” says the pet’s owner in a voiceover on the video.
“When he did, we were told he was going to be a scrawny little cat, and as you can see he is quite magnificent.”
You may also want to watch:
Among the other stars of the shoot were slick looking Winston, a ginger cat who despite his blindness scrubs up like a supermodel, Yorkshire Terrier and triple-amputee Otto, who was able to work the camera from his wheelchair, and Oni, a Great Dane with missing toes who pulled out the perfect strut on the catwalk.
Also featured are Claude, a cat who donated blood to save his sister’s life after she was hit by a car, and Liberty, a pet greyhound.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 4 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 6 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 7 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 9 Town's first game of the season will be all-ticket
- 10 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
Gok said “I’ve spent most of my career celebrating real women, and I had a ball doing the same thing for this gorgeous and lovable bunch.
“It was heart-warming to go through all the entries and see how many pet owners got behind the campaign to champion their perfectly imperfect companions. It goes to show that there is no such thing as the perfect pet, they’re all stunners in my eyes!”