Residents and staff at Bury St Edmunds care home celebrate Easter with fete
- Credit: Archant
Residents and staff at a Bury St Edmunds care home celebrated Easter with a fete full of activities.
Davers Court care home, on Shakers Lane, invited family and friends for a day of Easter-themed arts and crafts and games, including an Easter egg hunt, and pin the tail on the bunny.
Residents also enjoyed a special service in the coffee shop on Easter Sunday before making and decorating their own Easter eggs in the afternoon.
Wendy Harvey, home manager, said: “Easter is an important time of year here at Davers Court and many of our residents have lovely memories of celebrating Easter with their families.
“So as well as being great fun, our Easter fete was also a valuable reminiscence activity, especially for those living with dementia.
You may also want to watch:
“We had a brilliant day welcoming family and friends to the home.”
For more information about Davers Court, please call customer relations manager, Harriet Maisey, on 01284 847 868, or email Harriet.Maisey@careuk.com
- 1 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 2 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 5 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 8 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 9 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 10 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back