Residents at Bucklesham Grange care home gather to celebrate Valentine’s Day
- Credit: Archant
The residents at a care home near Ipswich celebrated this year’s Valentine’s Day with a very special afternoon of activities.
The residents at a care home near Ipswich celebrated this year’s Valentine’s Day with a very special set of activities.
The men and women at Bucklesham Grange enjoyed a pampering and cookie decorating session in the morning, followed by an afternoon tea and love-themed quiz. Each resident also received a wooden crafted red rose.
The group were challenged to answer a number of themed questions, including: “Which Roman goddess was Cupid’s mother?” and “Which singer had a Top Ten hit, in 1961, with Cupid?”.
Kirsty Thomas, Lifestyle Team Leader at Bucklesham Grange, said: “Not every resident used to celebrate Valentine’s Day, however they have embraced the celebrations today. Kisses have been shared and feels special with a rose and individualised card.
You may also want to watch:
“We have collected photographs of wedding photos and other photos that represent ‘love’ to the residents. Everyone has enjoyed sharing these and memories, love doesn’t have to be a romantic love- love can be with friends, family and even pets.”
Jean Sweetman, a resident at the care home, added: “Today has been wonderful, I have really enjoyed the day. Having a personalised rose was just great.”
- 1 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 4 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 5 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 8 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 9 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 10 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide