Residents at Cornwallis Court care home in Bury St Edmunds take part in foodie activities
- Credit: Archant
Residents at a Bury St Edmunds care home celebrated two national awareness events with foodie activities.
In the lead to World Food Day, which was held on October 16, and National Curry Week, from October 9-15, residents at Cornwallis Court on Hospital Road did some active gardening.
They also grew vegetables, such as papaya, avocado and chilli.
During National Curry Week, the RMBI home’s kitchen team cooked up a curry feast so residents could experience a taste of Indian culture.
Alex Winter, activities coordinator, said: “At Cornwallis Court, our residents really enjoy getting involved in different campaigns and cultural events.
You may also want to watch:
“It brings a lot of fun to the home and we encourage residents to try new activities. Following the success of our foodie-themed days, we are already looking forward to Thanksgiving and Apple Day.”
For more information on Cornwallis Court, click here to visit the Bury St Edmunds care home’s website.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 3 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 4 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 5 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 6 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 7 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 8 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 9 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 10 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds