Residents evacuated after blaze at fireworks shed
Residents had to be evacuated after a blaze at a shed containing fireworks in Haverhill.
Firefighters were called to Fennels Close at 5.06am today following a number of calls from residents.
When they arrived they found a large shed well alight. The building was known to contain fireworks.
Firecrews initially had to be withdrawn to a safe area before tackling the flames.
The shed was close to another property and the building’s occupants had to be evacuated by the police.
You may also want to watch:
Two fire engines attended the incident and used two hose reel jets to fight the blaze.
The fire engulfed three sheds but crews were able to extinguish the blaze at 5.42am.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 4 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 5 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 6 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 7 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 10 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
There were no reports of any injuries as a result of the incident.