Residents force to leave homes in fire drama
AN investigation is under way after a major fire in a flat above a Suffolk hairdressers forced residents to leave their homes early today.
The blaze broke out at 3am in Cross Street, opposite Bungay’s Buttermarket.
Firefighters from Bungay, Beccles, Halesworth, Lowestoft, Ipswich, Woodbridge, Loddon, and Great Yarmouth were sent to the scene.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Fire Service said the fire began in a first floor mid-terrace flat over a gents’ hairdressing shop.
Although paramedics were called, no one was injured although the flats in the building had to be evacuated.
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews were stood down at 5.25am.
Earlier today two fire crews were sent to the fruit and veg shop in Halesworth’s Thoroughfare when a blaze broke out in a brick and tiled outhouse at the rear of the premises.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 4 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 5 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 6 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 7 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 8 Another former Town player completes Colchester move
- 9 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 10 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
The fire service got the call just after midnight.