Resort prepares to mark Guy Fawkes night with 10th fireworks display
- Credit: Archant
Organisers of Felixstowe’s annual fireworks spectacular are presenting live music on stage as part of this year’s 10th anniversary event.
The evening is back with a bang and promises to be bigger than ever before – with even more for families to enjoy.
As usual the event will be supporting charities and this year money raised will be going to causes Mayor of Felixstowe Nick Barber is supporting during his year in office.
Last year around 4,000 people attended the display held at Felixstowe and Walton United’s ground in Dellwood Avenue.
The club is hosting and organising this year’s on Sunday, November 5, with gates opening at 4.30pm and the display starting at 6.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Daynes, of Felixstowe and Walton Utd FC, said: “The 20 minute professional display will be fired to music once again.
“Over the years, thousands of pounds has been raised for local charities and this year the event will benefit the Mayor’s Charities including Level Two and FACTS (Felixstowe Area Community Transport Scheme) as well as providing the town of Felixstowe with a major public firework display of its own to be proud of.”
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 3 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 4 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
- 5 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 6 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 7 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker in Cavendish
- 8 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 9 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 10 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
Level Two runs a wide range of services and activities for young people in the town, based at its youth hub above Tesco in Cobbold Road, while FACTS supports the infirm, vulnerable, elderly, disabled and mobility challenged as well as providing essential transport links for those who may not have regular access to public transport.
As well as the display, the event will feature a funfair, sideshows, a night flight aerial display team, and a food village featuring a variety of refreshments.
Music on stage will be provided by the AbbaBabes, a top tribute band which tours the region playing venues big and small.
Stacy Collins and Sadie Jones take the roles of Agnetha and Anni-Frid singing all the band’s greatest hits to playback tapes without the need for Benny and Bjorn.
Tickets are available in advance at a discounted prices from Coes Menswear, Underwoods Hardware, Chuckles, Spa Pavilion Theatre Box Office in Felixstowe, or Felixstowe and Walton Utd, as well as online at www.felixstowefootball.co.uk