Restraining order bans man from visiting Suffolk after his release from 10-year rape prison term
- Credit: Archant
A man who held a woman prisoner in his Suffolk home and raped her has been banned by a judge from returning to the county following his release from a 10 year prison sentence.
Trevor Robertson lured the woman to his home at Combs, near Stowmarket, on the pretext of taking her to the theatre.
During his trial in 2013 Ipswich Crown Court heard that when she got there he tied her hands to the posts of his bed and held a large hunting knife to her throat.
During her ordeal Robertson threatened to kill her and also threatened to inject her with a syringe of clear liquid which he claimed was a date-rape drug that would paralyse her if she did not co-operate.
He also told the woman he was going to make her watch him kill himself and had raped her.
You may also want to watch:
The woman was so scared that she was sick twice and had eventually managed to escape after saying she needed to use the bathroom.
Robertson, 53, denied falsely imprisoning the woman, making a threat to kill her and two offences of rape in November 2012 but was found guilty after a trial.
- 1 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 2 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 3 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 4 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 5 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 8 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 9 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces three Wembley dates as part of = world tour
He admitted attempting to pervert the course of justice by trying to get the victim not to give evidence and possessing cannabis and cocaine.
Jailing him for 10 years in July 2013, Recorder Anesta Weekes made a restraining order banning Robertson from contacting the victim indefinitely.
Robertson was also ordered to sign on the Sex Offenders’ Register for life.
Sentencing him, the judge said she had no doubt his victim would be mentally scarred for life by her “truly appalling ordeal”.
Yesterday (Tuesday) Richard Kelly, prosecuting, said Robertson had been released from a 10 year prison sentence last week.
He requested that the indefinite restraining order banning him from contacting the victim should be varied to prevent Robertson visiting Suffolk where she now lived.
Judge John Devaux agreed to vary the restraining order but suggested that Robertson, who is living in Surrey, should seek legal advice and contact the court if he wanted to apply for it to be amended.