Reunion triggers happy memories of school days at Felixstowe
Old school pals enjoyed an evening of fun and laughter as they looked back to their days in the playground and classroom in the late 1950s and 1960s.
Around 130 people born between 1954 and 1956 and now in their 60s who went to Felixstowe schools attended the reunion at the Felixstowe Labour Club.
It was an evening for reminiscing about antics at school, teachers and school trips, as well as catching up on the intervening years.
Dave Walne, who organised the event with Jill Westlake and Bobbie Coppen, said some people had not seen each other since the last reunion 20 years ago when they were embarking on their 40s.
He said: “There was just so much fun and laughter. Someone would remember something and it would trigger off so many stories.
“We have had so many texts from people saying what a great time they had and how much they want to do it again.
“It exceeded all our expectations – we really enjoyed it and are so pleased everyone else did, too.”
- 1 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 2 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 3 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 4 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 5 'We thought he could be someone special' - Comolli on McKenna's start in coaching
- 6 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 7 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 8 Walton completes permanent move to Ipswich Town
- 9 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 10 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'