Revealed: Ipswich's best toilet!
A pub is flushed with success today after getting the highest rating possible in the Loo of the Year Awards.
IPSWICH: A pub is flushed with success today after getting the highest rating possible in the Loo of the Year Awards.
The Robert Ransome in Tower Street has barely been open a year but it's already 'all cisterns go' for staff who helped win acclaim for the quality and standards of the pub's throne.
Anyone answering the call of nature will find a five star rated latrine according to Loo of the Year judges who made surprise visits to more than 1,500 toilets at sites across the UK.
All of the toilets were graded from one star to the maximum five star rating, with unacceptable toilets not graded at all.
You may also want to watch:
And the Robert Ransome's facilities scrubbed up well for judges, who awarded the pub the full five star rating based on numerous criteria, including d�cor and maintenance, cleanliness, accessibility, hand washing and drying equipment and overall management.
Ian Andrews, manager of The Robert Ransome, a Wetherspoon pub, said: “I am delighted with the award. Staff at the pub work hard to ensure that the toilets are in first-class condition at all times and it is great that this has been recognized by the inspectors.”
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 3 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 4 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 5 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 6 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 7 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 8 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 9 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 10 Wanted man arrested in Suffolk village