Revealed: The cost of Christmas through the decades
- Credit: Getty Images/BananaStock RF
Take a look at how much the cost of Christmas has changed over time. Pick a year and the price of a Christmas tree, a Christmas dinner and the best selling present is revealed.
The tool allows you to see how much a Christmas would have cost in 1968 through to 2016.
The website, created by Hillarys, reveals which years have been the most expensive and the least.
For example the best-selling toy in 1977 was a Star Wars figure at £1.44 each, while in 2005 it was an Xbox 360 for the cost of £415.61.
The price of a Christmas tree has changed through the years, too. In 1975 a tree would have cost £208 in today’s money – however, this year they are being retailed as low as £19.99.
You may also want to watch:
Go on a nostalgic journey comparing the price of how much Christmas cost when you were younger compared to now.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 3 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 4 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 5 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 6 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 7 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 8 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 9 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 10 Positives, negatives and plenty still to do - what we've learned from Town's pre-season