Review: Ipswich fans get up and close and personal with Peter Andre as he plays the Regent
Peter Andre - Ipswich Regent
Known as the hardest working man in pop, Peter Andre is still going strong and selling out venues as he takes his Up Close and Personal tour up and down the country.
Playing 22 venues including performing at the 02 Arena tonight, he arrived in town yesterday to delight a sell-out crowd at the Ipswich Regent.
Supported by The Risk – X Factor finalists in 2011 – and singer, Sam Gray, Peter started the concert with hits from his latest album, Angels and Demons.
Backed by an all-male dance troupe, Andre started the show in a theatrical manner, which was a departure from his usual nature – but perhaps trying to show a different side to his performing style.
You may also want to watch:
Not to disappoint the crowd, he still performed all the classics with his live band, including ‘Mysterious Girl’ and ‘Behind Closed Doors’, plus some covers including ‘How Deep Is Your Love’ and bravely ‘Imagine’ – the John Lennon classic.
Walking through the audience was a definite crowd pleaser and he made his way to the stage to be backed by Ipswich Gospel Choir for two tracks.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 3 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 4 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 5 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
- 6 Dog-friendly pub set to reopen in east Suffolk after major revamp
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 9 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people
- 10 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
Peter has been going strong since the mid-90’s and shows no signs of slowing down, even as he nears the big 4-0.
He has some of the most loyal fans in show business, and by bringing a girl from the crowd to serenade her and dedicating a song to the fans, he remains firmly in the hearts of many girls in Ipswich tonight.