Review: Joan Armatrading, Ipswich Regent, October 11
As far as I can remember this is Joan Armatrading’s first visit to Ipswich so I was surprised that the Regent wasn’t full, but there were certainly ardent fans in the audience.
Now in her early 60s, Joan doesn’t seemed to have aged a bit. Her voice is still as strong and soulful as 30 years ago.
The first of her big hits to be sung was All The Way From America, stripped down to voice and piano.
Until this evening I hadn’t been aware that Joan is actually a great guitar player as well as a fabulous singer/song writer.
A packed and varied show was brought to an end with another of Joan’s big hits for the encore, Drop The Pilot.
You may also want to watch:
The crowd loved it and gave the band a huge ovation.
- 1 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 2 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 3 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 4 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 7 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 8 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
- 9 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift
- 10 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown