Review: World War Wrestling’s Battle @ The Barns, Stonham Barns
- Credit: Archant
Despite the near-freezing temperatures, World War Wrestling’s first foray into Suffolk on Saturday was somewhat of a success.
Battle @ The Barns, brought to Stonham Barns by World War Wrestling, attempted to bring the heat for the packed audiences, by keeping ongoing rivalries going, and exciting the crowd in the process.
Headlined by Global Force Wrestling’s Global Champion Nick Aldis, wrestlers garnered numerous chants for the heroes and boos for the villains.
As with all family orientated shows there was plenty for the youngsters to get behind but there were also a couple of more subtle moments of comedy, with the tag team The Delightful Powers causing a few laughs from the audience, and there were one or two moments that had children hiding behind their parents in fear.
A longer-than-scheduled interval to try and warm up the barn may have led to a flat crowd in the second half, but come the end of the main event it seemed those in attendance enjoyed the show.
You may also want to watch:
Hopefully the promotion will return to Suffolk in the future.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 5 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 6 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 7 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 8 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 9 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 10 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies