Reward offered for information on armed robbery
A REWARD of �5,000 is being offered for information as the investigation continues into an armed robbery at Capel St Mary Post Office earlier this month.
Post Office Limited is offering the reward for information which may lead to the arrest and conviction of the offender and recovery of the stolen money following the incident on Wednesday May 5. A spokesman for Post Office Ltd said: “This was a deplorable incident and Post Office Ltd urges anyone with information to contact the police.”
Officers were called at 10.41am on Wednesday May 5 to The Street in Capel where a man had entered the Post Office with a handgun. He threatened staff and a female customer and demanded money. He was given an amount of cash and left the shop. No-one was injured. The man then left the village in a blue Ford Mondeo estate thought to be about 12 years old, driving off towards Links Road.
The offender is described as white, in his 40s, very tall and of large build, with short dark hair and was wearing a dark blue sweatshirt, blue jeans and a children’s party mask coloured black, white and red.
Detective Inspector David Giles said: “Whilst we have had a good response from the public and media to our appeals, I hope that with this sizeable reward more people who may have information which could assist this inquiry will come forward. I want to hear from anyone who may be able to name the offender or can give me information which will lead officers to him.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information about this incident should contact West Suffolk CID on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 3 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 4 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 5 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 6 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 7 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 8 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 9 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 10 Another former Town player completes Colchester move