WATCH: First trailer released for Danny Boyle’s Beatles-inspired film shot in Norfolk and Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
The new Beatles-inspired, Danny Boyle-directed, Richard Curtis-written, Ed Sheeran-starring and East Anglian-filmed movie ‘Yesterday’ has its first trailer.
The musical comedy features an all-star cast, including Framlingham’s own Ed Sheeran, and was filmed across the region in 2018, with crews in Halesworth, Gorleston and even Clacton-On-Sea in Essex.
Scenes shot on Gorleston beach had over 5,000 extras singing along to some of the Fab Four’s greatest songs, with the production supported locally by the county’s official film office Screen Suffolk.
Big names like James Corden, Lily James and Kate McKinnon also appear, with newcomer Himesh Patel in the lead role as Jack Malik, billed as “the only man who can remember The Beatles”.
Writer Richard Curtis is the man behind rom-com classics like Love Actually and Four Weddings and a Funeral.
Director Danny Boyle has a huge CV of British films under his belt - and was also the mastermind behind the London 2012 Olympic Games opening and closing ceremonies.
The film has a release date of June 28.
- 1 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 2 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 3 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 4 Young driver crashes car just a week after passing
- 5 New state-of-the-art army attack helicopters undergo testing in Suffolk
- 6 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 7 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 8 Bakinson's the 'mini Pogba' who has been a big hit on loan before and will now look to prove the doubters wrong
- 9 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
- 10 'Dream come true': Excitement as new salon opens in Woodbridge