WATCH: First trailer released for Danny Boyle’s Beatles-inspired film shot in Norfolk and Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
The new Beatles-inspired, Danny Boyle-directed, Richard Curtis-written, Ed Sheeran-starring and East Anglian-filmed movie ‘Yesterday’ has its first trailer.
The musical comedy features an all-star cast, including Framlingham’s own Ed Sheeran, and was filmed across the region in 2018, with crews in Halesworth, Gorleston and even Clacton-On-Sea in Essex.
Scenes shot on Gorleston beach had over 5,000 extras singing along to some of the Fab Four’s greatest songs, with the production supported locally by the county’s official film office Screen Suffolk.
Big names like James Corden, Lily James and Kate McKinnon also appear, with newcomer Himesh Patel in the lead role as Jack Malik, billed as “the only man who can remember The Beatles”.
Writer Richard Curtis is the man behind rom-com classics like Love Actually and Four Weddings and a Funeral.
You may also want to watch:
Director Danny Boyle has a huge CV of British films under his belt - and was also the mastermind behind the London 2012 Olympic Games opening and closing ceremonies.
The film has a release date of June 28.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 The 36 best restaurants in Suffolk according to the AA guide
- 4 Cornell attracting Championship interest as Ipswich contract is terminated
- 5 'We are in for three, four or five players' - Town CEO Ashton on new signings and deliver 'dramatic change' for Cook
- 6 Oxford boss hits out at 'ludicrous' League One spending while appearing to take swipe at Ipswich Town
- 7 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 8 GP surgery with more than 3,000 patients announces closure
- 9 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 10 Ashton reveals season ticket sales and hails impact of Ed Sheeran sponsorship