Rickinghall: Police appeal after accostings
POLICE are appealing for witnesses following two incidents of accostings in Rickinghall, earlier this morning.
The first incident happened in Hinderclay Road between 8am and 8.15am today, (Wednesday November 14).
A nine-year-old school girl was walking near to the community centre, when she saw a man sitting inside a parked vehicle. The man got out of the vehicle and approached her. He spoke with her and then offered her a lift to school, which she declined. The man grabbed her wrists, but she was able to get free and walk off.
The man is described as white, aged between 40 to 50 years-old, approximately 5’11” tall, with a tanned complexion, had a long scar on the right side of his face running from his ear to the jawbone, had a long moustache and long black straight hair worn up in a ponytail or bun.
He was wearing a dark blue hooded top with white lettering on the back, baggy light grey trousers and light brown boots.
You may also want to watch:
He wore a black glove on one hand with silver studs across the wrist, square dark tinted glasses, had a ‘skull and crossbones’ earring in one ear and was carrying a brown leather bag.
The car is described as a dark blue people carrier, with sliding doors and dark tinted windows at the rear. The vehicle was described as ‘dirty and looked old’.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 4 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 5 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game
- 6 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 8 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 9 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 10 Town's first game of the season will be all-ticket
The second incident happened at approximately 8.10am today. Three 11-year-old schoolgirls were walking along Hinderclay Road when they approached a man ahead of them, who asked if they would like a lift. The girls declined and walked off.
The man is described as white, aged late thirties to early forties, approximately six foot tall, with messy brown ‘dread locks’ tied up at the back of his head. He was wearing a long tan coloured raincoat, jeans and black work boots. A woman was seen with the man prior to the incident and returning to him afterwards. The woman is described as white, aged in her early twenties, with shoulder length dark brown hair, between 5’8” and 5’10” tall and was wearing a purple long-sleeved top and blue jeans.
It is unknown at this stage if these two incidents are linked.
If you have any information relating to these incidents or recognise either of the men described, please contact Suffolk Police on 101, quoting the crime numbers ST/12/3446 and ST/12/3445.