Cyclists to hit the streets for Suffolk Sunrise 2021
- Credit: AMRC
Cyclists will be heading out across east Suffolk next month as RIDE Suffolk returns.
Action Medical Research has announced that the popular ride would be coming back on Sunday, May 30.
The event aims to raise vital and emergency funds for the children’s research charity, after it saw its income diminish overnight, and all events cancelled since March.
RIDE Suffolk is open to anyone over the age of 16 who is prepared to put in some training beforehand.
The event offers range of distances to choose from including the Cool (42 miles) and Classic (65 miles) routes, which will take participants though through beautiful Suffolk countryside and villages, including Hasketon, Parham and Otley.
A champion route is also on offer for more experienced cyclists at 102 miles.
Entry is just £32 for the Cool route or £42 for Classic and Champion routes. Included within the entry fee is a fully-sign posted route, chip timing, refreshments and water stations, marshals and mechanics. Each rider will also receive an Action medal upon completion of the ride.
- 1 Town reject bid for midfielder Fraser but no Matete move
- 2 Glamping pods and shepherd huts proposed in holiday site expansion
- 3 Huge emergency response as blaze rages on at Stowupland tearoom
- 4 Suffolk entrepreneur Mike Lynch loses $5bn fraud case with Hewlett Packard
- 5 46-year-old man who died in Great Bealings crash named
- 6 Look inside 'immaculately presented' property with own bar and heated pool
- 7 Ed Sheeran pays the most tax of any celebrity in the UK
- 8 West Suffolk road closed after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Traffic restrictions in town centre to be made permanent
- 10 Popular Sudbury bakery reveals aim to save town's post office
For more information and to register visit www.action.org.uk/events/cycling/suffolk-ride-100.