Cyclists to hit the streets for RIDE Suffolk
- Credit: AMRC
Cyclists will be heading out across east Suffolk next month as RIDE Suffolk returns.
Action Medical Research has announced that the popular ride would be coming back on Sunday, May 30.
The event aims to raise vital and emergency funds for the children’s research charity, after it saw its income diminish overnight, and all events cancelled since March.
RIDE Suffolk is open to anyone over the age of 16 who is prepared to put in some training beforehand.
The event offers range of distances to choose from including the Cool (42 miles) and Classic (65 miles) routes, which will take participants though through beautiful Suffolk countryside and villages, including Hasketon, Parham and Otley.
You may also want to watch:
A champion route is also on offer for more experienced cyclists at 102 miles.
Entry is just £32 for the Cool route or £42 for Classic and Champion routes. Included within the entry fee is a fully-sign posted route, chip timing, refreshments and water stations, marshals and mechanics. Each rider will also receive an Action medal upon completion of the ride.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 5 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 7 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 8 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 9 Elections 2021: Tim Passmore re-elected Suffolk Police and Crime Commissioner
- 10 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
For more information and to register visit www.action.org.uk/events/cycling/suffolk-ride-100.