Pop star Rihanna ‘rents island’ in Essex to record album
- Credit: AP
One of the world’s best-selling artists has reportedly booked out a whole island off the coast of Essex to work on her latest record.
The Barbadian superstar, who relocated to the UK last year, is believed to be recording new music in a state-of-the-art studio on Osea Island in Essex.
One of the most remote places in East Anglia, the tiny private island is located in the River Blackwater - which is connected to the mainland by an ancient causeway built by the Romans.
It has been reported Rihanna is using the island, owned by record producer Nigel Frieda, to record her new album.
According to The Mirror, it costs £20,000 to rent the whole island for one day.
You may also want to watch:
The luxury resort is just over a stone's throw from Chelmsford, and boasts miles of secluded coastline, charming scenery and stunning accommodation.
Pop star Rihanna is the richest female musician in the world, according to Forbes.
- 1 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 3 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 6 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 7 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
- 8 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 9 Military helicopter recovered after emergency landing in field
The 31-year-old has amassed a fortune of about $600million (£472m), largely through her music and makeup business.
Her Fenty Beauty line launched in 2017 and reportedly made $100m (about £78m) in its first 40 days.
Since releasing her first album in 2005, she has sold 250m records and has twice been named by Time as one of the 100 most influential people in the world.