Risby: Community spirit revealed at Easter event
- Credit: Archant
An Easter-themed event has been an opportunity for the community to come together and showcase their clubs, groups and businesses.
The first Risby Easter Eggstravaganza was held on Saturday in the village hall from 10am-noon.
It was organised by Helen Clutterham and Nicola Edwards, who are on the committee for the pre-school.
Mrs Clutterham, who works at the village hall, said: “It all went very well. Really we organised it for it to be a community event.
“We had an Easter egg decorating competition. Both children and adults joined in with that.
“There was also lots of community groups and clubs from the village who came – the WI [Women’s Institute], art groups, Risby Pre-school and Risby School – and also various local businesses, like the Risby Farm Shop, was there.”
She said Risby children’s football club had a shoot-out on the field next to the village hall and there was a young enterprise stall where youngsters sold items they had made.
- 1 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 2 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 3 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 Town closing in on permanent deal for keeper Walton
- 5 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
- 6 Anger as second homeowners set to receive £191million in Covid grants
- 7 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Luton join race for keeper Walton
- 9 PM ‘dropped a clanger’ with garden bash apology, legal expert suggests
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: League One trio eye Preston defender
She said feedback for the event had been “really positive” and it is hoped similar ones will be held in the future.