Road cleared after lorry drama
TRAFFIC is being diverted away from Ferry Road in Southwold after the road was blocked by a large articulated lorry which got stuck in soft sandy soil while trying to do a U turn.
A ROAD has reopened after a lorry blocked it while trying to perform a U-turn.
Traffic was diverted from the Ferry Road area after a large articulated lorry got stuck in soft sandy soil while trying to do a U-turn this morning.
The incident happened at about 9.10am near to the beach car park and an eye witness said the lorry's wheels had become deeply embedded in the sandy verge.
You may also want to watch:
Police attended the scene and diverted traffic from the area until the road was clear at 12.40pm.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 5 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 8 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 9 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 10 Match Ratings: How Town players performed against Wednesday