Stretch of A1088 near Ixworth reopened after crash between car and motorcycle
A stretch of the A1088 at Ixworth has been reopened following a serious collision between a motorbike and a car.
Police were called to the scene, at the junction with the A143, at around 5.35pm today, Saturday, April 7.
A section of the southbound carriageway was temporarily closed while emergency services worked at the scene.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said there are not believed to be any life-threatening or life-changing injuries.
She said the crash involved a blue Yamaha motorcycle and a silver Peugeot people carrier and that those involved had been taken to West Suffolk Hospital for treatment.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking earlier today, she said: “We are dealing with a serious collision on the A1088 at Ixworth at the junction with the A143.
“It involves a car and a motorcyclist.
- 1 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 3 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 8 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 9 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
“The road has been closed on the southbound side. “There are not thought to be any life-threatening or life changing injuries.”
The road was reopened at around 8.20pm.