Road closed after lorry accident
A LORRY driver was taken to hospital after his vehicle overturned at a busy roundabout, leaving the road closed.
Drivers faced delays after a lorry overturned at a busy junction today, leaving the driver in hospital and the road closed.
The lorry overturned shortly before 8am at the roundabout of Sudbury Road, Melford Road and Springlands Way in Sudbury.
The driver was taken by ambulance to Colchester Hospital but his injuries were not thought to be serious.
Recovery crews closed the roundabout for several hours to empty the lorry and clear it from the road, leaving drivers to find alternative routes avoiding the Sudbury Road. The road re-opened at approximately 2.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
No other vehicles were involved in the accident.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Cornell attracting Championship interest as Ipswich contract is terminated
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 6 The 36 best restaurants in Suffolk according to the AA guide
- 7 GP surgery with more than 3,000 patients announces closure
- 8 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 9 Oxford boss hits out at 'ludicrous' League One spending while appearing to take swipe at Ipswich Town
- 10 5 cheap or free things to do in Suffolk this weekend