Road closed after serious crash
A SECTION of Woodbridge Road in Ipswich is currently closed following a serious crash today.
A SECTION of Woodbridge Road in Ipswich has now opened following a serious crash.
A two-vehicle, head-on accident, involving a Vauxhall Vectra and VW Golf, took place near the Case Is Altered pub, close to Khartoum Road, shortly before 7am.
Two ambulances were sent to the scene, while the fire service was also dispatched to cut one person from a vehicle.
A 20-year-old from Ipswich was arrested and has been taken to hospital with head injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the VW Golf, believed to be from Stockport, was also taken to hospital with serious back injuries.
The road closed between Brunswick Road and Sidegate Lane while police clear the carriageway and accident investigators assess the scene. It reopened at 11.40am.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 6 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 7 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 8 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 9 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 10 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight